Extension agronomists and other experts with the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture will provide the latest findings on research into corn, soybeans and rice during the Jefferson County crop production meeting, scheduled for Feb. 8 at the Waterfront Building in Pine Bluff.
The production meeting is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. and conclude at 6 p.m. The Waterfront Building is located at the Pine Bluff Regional Park, 6300 W. 4thAve.
The meeting’s tentative schedule is as follows:
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Jason Kelley (Corn Update)
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Chad Norton (Soybean Update)
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Jarrod Hardke (Rice Update)
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. — Scott Stiles (Ag Economics Update)
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Tom Barber (Weed Update)
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Gus Lorenz (Insect Update)
The production meeting is free to attend, and a meal will be provided. Attendees should RSVP by calling the Jefferson County Cooperative Extension Service office at 870-534-1033.