Deliveries were light and the market is about steady for Improved varieties and Blends. Interest from the commercial shellers and accumulators for domestic trading and from the export market is moderate; while retail gift-pack businesses are active. Trading is moderate to slow. A few growers have decided to put offerings of export quality pecans into cold storage until the price improves. Most growers expect the harvest to be finished by the Christmas break, weather permitting.
Weather conditions in South Georgia for the week shows a cooling trend starting tonight with lows in the low 30s to mid-40s and daytime highs in the mid-40s to low 50s. In the Central and Northern areas of the state the forecast is much cooler with freeze warnings for December 8-10 and rain expected for December 6-9 for the state.
Small lots of Blends with Desirables and 56-59% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.69-4.73 per point. Other small lots of Blends with 51-55% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.65-4.81 per point. Large lots of Blends with 45-52% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.73-4.81 per point. Large lots of Blends with Seedlings sold for about $4.60 per point.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon November 28, through late afternoon December 5, 2017) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Curtis (deliveries very light) 53-55% meat yield 244-253
- Desirables (deliveries very light) 52% or better meat yield 245-270 mostly 260 yard tree lots 150-220 mostly 175-200
- Elliott (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 125-175 mostly 150-175
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 100-140 mostly 125
- Schley (deliveries very light) 51-56% meat yield 236-258 mostly 245 yard tree lots 150-180 fair quality low as 125
- Seedlings (deliveries very light) 43% meat yield 150 few 190 yard tree lots 100-130 fair quality 80
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) 45% meat yield 215 yard tree lots 100-150 mostly 100-125 few higher
- Sumner (deliveries light) 51-53% meat yield 240
Lots in excess of 20,000 pounds including trailer loads:
- Curtis (deliveries very light) 55-56% meat yield 258
- Sumner (deliveries very light) 51-53% meat yield 240