The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service’s annual Armstrong County Fall Producers Meeting will be Dec. 12 in the Armstrong County Activity Building, 901 Hurley St. in Claude.
“This meeting offers an opportunity for our local producers to hear updates on different commodities and issues,” said Derek Williamson, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Armstrong County.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the program starting at 9 a.m. and concluding at 3 p.m. Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and three general – will be available for private pesticide applicators.
There will be a $10 registration fee, and lunch will be provided. Those planning to attend are asked to contact the AgriLife Extension office in Claude at 806-226-3021 by Dec. 6.
Program topics and speakers will be:
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Camilo Garzon, Texas Department of Agriculture inspector, Amarillo.
- Disease Management in Cotton, Dr. Jason Woodward, AgriLife Extension plant pathologist, Lubbock.
- Brush Management and Techniques, Dr. Tim Steffens, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Canyon.
- Wheat Top-Dress Decisions and Soil Testing, Dr. Calvin Trostle, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Lubbock.
- Integrated Pest Management Through Sorghum Varieties, Trostle.