The Florida Pecan Field Day has been rescheduled. Producers will meet in Monticello on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at the Jefferson County Extension Office for the annual field day and Pecan Growers’ Association meeting.
If you’re a pecan grower, or just considering it, the morning’s topics and speakers will be a great opportunity to learn more about the pecan business. The year’s event features guest speakers from the University of Florida and the University of Georgia.
This is free event for Florida Pecan Growers’ Association members, and $10 for non-members. You will be able to become a member during the event registration.
We do ask that you call the Jackson County Extension Office to RSVP at 850-482-9620 or email Sabrina Farr at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we know how many to expect for lunch.
Schedule (Eastern Time)
- 9:00 – Registration Opens
- 9:15 – Welcome – Matt Lollar, UF/IFAS Extension, Jackson County
- 9:20 – Tree Spacing & Orchard Layout – Matt Lollar, UF/IFAS Extension, Jackson County
- 9:50 – Stink Bug Management – Russ Mizell, UF/IFAS Entomologist
- 10:20 – Pecan Scab – We’re winning the battle, but will we win the war? – Tim Brenneman, UGA Plant Pathology
- 10:50 – New Pecan Cultivars – Patrick Conner, UGA Plant Breeding
- 11:20 – Pecan Production Economic Update – Greg Fonsah, UGA Ag Economics
- 11:50 – Travel to Simpson Nurseries – 52 Nacoosa Rd, Monticello, FL
- 12:10 – Tour of Simpson Nurseries & Lunch (Included with registration or membership.)
- 1:00 – Annual Meeting, Florida Pecan Growers’ Association
Pesticide Applicator CEUs will be available for field day participants.