A cotton and grain risk management marketing workshop is scheduled Thursday, Oct. 19 at the Wharton County Fairgrounds in Crescent, Texas. The Wharton County Fairgrounds is located at 6036 FM 961 Rd. Registration begins at 8 a.m. First presentation at 8:15 a.m.
The workshop is sponsored by the Wharton County AgriLife Extension Office and the Wharton County Row Crops Committee.
“This is an excellent opportunity to be briefed on the need for budgeting, crop insurance choices, outlook and making marketing plans for the next crop year,” said Mac Young, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service program specialist, Corpus Christi.
The following is a schedule of speakers and topics:
- Budgeting decision tools: Determining break-even and costs of production, Young.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency Update, Francie Tolle, regional office director, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- 2018 Crop Insurance Choices, Tom Kelly, Wiese Crop Insurance.
- Crop Insurance Decision Tool, Dr. Steven Klose, AgriLife Extension economist, College Station.
- Developing a Management Plan: Incorporating Insurance into Production and Farm Plan, Dr. Mark Welch, AgriLife Extension grain marketing economist, College Station.
- Cotton Outlook, Dr. John Robinson, AgriLife Extension cotton marketing economist, College Station.
- Grain Outlook, Marketing Tools and Strategies, Welch.
The workshop will conclude at 2:00 p.m.
Please RSVP by calling Stacey at 979-532-3310 by 12 noon on Wednesday, October 18th.