The Master Marketer Program will be held in two-week intervals from Sept. 18-Oct. 31 at the Medina County Justice of Peace Court Precinct 2, 8366 Farm-to-Market Road 471 S. in Castroville.
“This national, award-winning program is for agricultural producers and agribusiness leaders seeking to develop the skills and learn the tools to manage price and production risk in today’s uncertain economic climate,” said Dr. Rob Hogan, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service economist based in Uvalde.
Hogan said the course contains 64 hours of intensive marketing training focused on increasing comprehension of key marketing concepts.
“The goal is to equip participants to develop a marketing plan, adopt good marketing practices and increase the use of basic tools of analysis for crops and/or livestock,” Hogan said.
Cost is $350 and registration deadline is Sept. 15. Space is limited and organizers encourage early registration. The times, dates and topics for the program will be:
- From 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept.18: Leveling Workshop (Optional): Basics of Futures and Options Markets.
- From 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Sept. 19 and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 20: Session I: Review of Market Basics — includes budgets, break-evens, seasonality and the importance of a marketing plan — and Climate and Weather Outlook and Policy.
- From 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 2 and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 3: Session II: Wildlife Management, Legal Issues, Livestock Fundamentals, Crop and Livestock Insurance.
- From 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 16 and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct.17: Session III: Technical Analysis and Cotton and Grain Fundamentals.
- From 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 30 and from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 31: Session IV: Working with a Broker, Working with a Lender, Vegetable Market Outlook and Tying It All Together.
Hogan said after attending a Master Marketer series, participants report adding an extra $33,000 per year to their bottom line on average, based on actual long-term statistics.
To register online, go here, click on “Events” and then scroll through “Conferences and Workshops” to the 2017 Master Marketer Program in Castroville.
For more information about registration and payment options, call 979-845-2604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Master Marketer Program, go here.