Farmers and media are invited to a day of fresh insights and first-hand field experiences during RiceTec’s Arkansas Field Day. The event will be held at the RiceTec Arkansas Business Center, 15329 Hwy 1, Harrisburg, Arkansas 72432, Wednesday, August 2. Registration begins at 4pm.
This event will include presentations from rice industry experts, field tours, vendors and exhibitions of new experimental hybrids – all with the goal of providing farmers with progressive methods and products to enable the most successful and sustainable yields.
During the field tour stops, attendees will be presented with information on state-of-the-art herbicide technologies, RiceTec products, nitrogen and weed management, carbon credits, planting dates, nitrogen definition trials, and the results of yield trials of the company’s new hybrids.
The program will include:
- Mason Wallace, Technical Service Manager, will discuss the latest in Herbicide Technology
- DJ Shipman, Regional Sales Manager of RiceTec will discuss hybrid performance
- Dr. Gus Lorenz (AR IPM Coordinator), will speak about Integrated Pest Management and seed treatments
- Greg Baltz will speak about on-farm grain drying and milling.
- Jim Battreal from ANRC in Little Rock will update on status of ground water in the Delta
- Mike Gumina, Global CEO of RiceTec, will provide an update on seed production and discuss research advancements
In addition, RiceTec will showcase its new Clearfield hybrids:
- RT7311 CL, which offers a new standard in yield, combined with the superior RiceTec product disease package, improved grain retention and ratoon potential.
- RT7812 CL, Late maturity hybrid, similar to Roy J, with superior grain quality and grain yield.
Several more experimental hybrids, anticipated to be released on a limited basis in 2018, will also be displayed for farmer consideration.
A crawfish étouffée and pork steak supper will be served.
Industry vendors will participate, including ag lenders, John Deere Financial, Ducks Unlimited, USA Rice, Valent, and Valley View Agri-Systems.