Weed management has changed dramatically in recent years with herbicide resistant weeds, new herbicide technologies and challenging weather conditions. How do we develop resilient strategies to deal with all of the different challenges? The 2017 Corn and Soybean Weed Management Tour will highlight ongoing research that addresses these challenges for crop producers and other ag professionals on Thursday, July 6.
The event will begin at the Heintz Center Atrium in Rochester, MN with registration at 8:30 a.m. followed by a 9:00 a.m. program and research plot tours from 10:30 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m.
Weed management topics will be presented by U of MN Extension weed scientists, IPM specialists and educators:
- Developing resilient weed management strategies
- How do we account for all of the challenges? (weather conditions, herbicide resistant weeds, choosing from many different resistant soybean technologies, crop rotation concerns, etc.)
- New herbicide technologies
- Herbicide programs for LibertyLink® and Roundup Ready Xtend® herbicide systems
- Balance soybeans, HPPD soybeans, Enlist Duo® soybeans
- A new look at old technology
- Rolling cultivation, fixed shovel cultivation
- Practical considerations for preventing dicamba drift
- Setbacks, temperature inversions, spray tips, tank mix partners
West Central Distribution is generously sponsoring the 2017 Corn and Soybean Weed Management Tour. There is no cost to attend and the event will be held rain or shine. For a view of the full campus, see RCTC Campus map.