The 2017 Nickels Soil Lab Field Day is set for Wednesday, May 10, and will cover a wide range of both walnut and almond topics. The lab is located on Green Bay Road at Arbuckle. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., with the program getting underway at 9 a.m.
The agenda includes sessions on:
- Site-specific irrigation in almonds.
- Botryosphaeria in walnuts.
- Hedging walnuts.
- Thousand cankers disease in walnuts.
- Almond variety selection.
- Canker disease in almonds.
- Foliar and bloom disease management in almonds.
- Nitrogen and potassium nutrition in almonds.
PCA and CCA credits have been requested. A tri-tip lunch will be available by reservation. Cost is $15 prepaid and $20 at the door. RSVP to the UCCE Colusa Office at 530-458-0570. Lunch will be prepared by the local FFA chapter.
Click here to download the full program (PDF file), which includes a map to the site and the luncheon reservation form.