The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Wichita County will host a Rolling Plains Applicator Training Dec. 6 in the Wichita County Precinct 2 Shop, 102 W. College, Burkburnett.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. The fee is $30 and covers lunch, door prizes and five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units for private, commercial and noncommercial pesticide applicator license holders.
Those planning to attend should RSVP to Gina Karbiner at 940-716-8610 by Nov. 28
The program topics and speakers will be:
- Weed ID and Control in Right of Ways/Water Ways, Gary Brooks, Bayer Environmental Science sales representative, Weatherford.
- Understanding Proper Techniques for Drift Minimization, Dennis Markwardt, Texas Department of Transportation director of maintenance field support, Pflugerville.
- Texas Department of Agriculture Laws and Regulations Review, David Graf, AgriLife Extension agent for Wichita County, Wichita.
- Understanding Equipment Characteristics, Markwardt.
- Equipment Calibration Techniques for Proper Application, Markwardt.
- Evaluation/ Discussion of needs for 2017, Graf.
The program will end by 3 p.m. All sessions must be attended to earn CEUs, Graf said.