RiceTec will host a pair of Row Rice Symposiums in Rayville and Newellton, Louisiana, on September 20 and 21, respectively. The sessions will cover best practices to follow when implementing row rice techniques.
- Steve Crawford, a crop consultant in central Louisiana.
- Wendell Minson, a farmer and crop consultant in Missouri.
- Wes Long, Arkansas crop consultant.
- Dr.. Merle Anders, retired professor from the University of Arkansas Rice Research and Extension Center.
“Because of the soil, price of rice relative to other crops and access to markets, northeast Louisiana is a great place for rice production,” says Mike Worthington, RiceTec District Sales Manager. “Historically, this has been mostly a row crop area, but row rice provides an alternative for row crop farmers to diversify into rice, alternate their crop rotation, fight resistant weeds and add a new revenue stream at the same time.”
Times and locations:
- September 20, Little Creek Golf Courses, 10 Country Drive, Rayville., 5:30 p.m.
- September 21 St. Joseph Community Center, 107 Arts Drive, Hwy 65, St. Joseph, 5:30 p.m.