Want to learn more about organic almond production. That’s the focus of a field day set for Thursday, May 19, at the Nickels Soil Lab on Marine Ave. in Arbuckle.
The event starts at 2 p.m. and follows the lab’s annual field day, which will be held that morning.
- How organic approaches differ from conventional production.
- Marketing organic almonds.
- The history of the organic block at Nickels.
- Dealing with nitrogen nutrition in organic production.
- Organic weed management.
- Controlling canopy diseases in organic blocks.
Educational units include:
- 1.5 hours PA/PCA CE credits requested.
- 2.5 hours CCA CE hours requested.