An afternoon field day to see a variety of cover crops seeded after wheat harvest will be held Tuesday, Sept. 22 at the UNL Rogers Memorial Farm just east of Lincoln. The free event will be held from 3 to 6 p.m.
Cover crop topics will include:
- Understanding the goals and objectives of their use
- Selection and management
- Soil health benefits
- Considerations before grazing
Speakers and resource people will include:
- Ray Ward, owner, Ward Laboratories
- Jody Saathoff, CHS
- Mary Drewnoski, UNL Beef System Specialist
- Paul Jasa, UNL Extension Engineer
- Representatives of several cover crop seed suppliers
Visitors will also be able to see corn and soybeans planted into cover crops and observe the soil structure of long-term no-till.
The UNL Rogers Memorial Farm is just east of Lincoln at 18630 Adams Street. A light meal will be provided, but registration is required for a meal count. Register by emailing Paul Jasa at email@example.com by Sept 18.