California Prunes: Annual S. Sacramento Valley Meeting Set For March 3
The 2017 UCCE South Sacramento Valley Prune Meeting is set for Friday, March 3 at the Veterans Memorial Hall, 1425 Veterans Memorial Circle in Yuba City. Registration starts at 7:45 a.m. and the meeting runs until noon, with a hosted lunch following.
PCA and CCA CE hours have been requested.
Topics on the agenda include;
- Update on laws and regs.
- An overview of prune rootstock options.
- A discussion on wood decay.
- Canker disease management.
- Flower, foliar and fruit disease management.
- An update from the California Dried Plum Board updates
- Getting away from boom or bust cropping in prunes: What are we learning?
Despite initial backlash to the proposed mega-mergers among agro-chemical companies in the past two years, some of the deals appear to be inching toward finality. Most recently, the European