The LSU AgCenter Red River Research Station has scheduled a crop production field day for June 6 at the station in Bossier City.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the field tour beginning at 9, according to regional director Pat Colyer.
Topics to be discussed by LSU AgCenter Research faculty during the field tour include:
– Midsouth cotton seed treatment trial.
– Biocontrol of musk thistle.
– Effect of zinc rate and source on corn yields.
– Greenhouse tomato research.
– Beef cattle research.
– Disease management in field crops.
– Soybean breeding and research.
– Variety testing at Red River Research Station.
– Forages to compliment Bermuda grass and bahiagrass pastures.
In addition to the field tour, a sponsored lunch will be provided at noon, Colyer said.