Louisiana: Crop Production Field Day, Bossier City, June 6
The LSU AgCenter Red River Research Station has scheduled a crop production field day for June 6 at the station in Bossier City.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the field tour beginning at 9, according to regional director Pat Colyer.
Topics to be discussed by LSU AgCenter Research faculty during the field tour include:
– Midsouth cotton seed treatment trial.
– Biocontrol of musk thistle.
– Effect of zinc rate and source on corn yields.
– Greenhouse tomato research.
– Beef cattle research.
– Disease management in field crops.
– Soybean breeding and research.
– Variety testing at Red River Research Station.
– Forages to compliment Bermuda grass and bahiagrass pastures.
In addition to the field tour, a sponsored lunch will be provided at noon, Colyer said.
The ICE Dec and Mar contracts gave back 160 and 87 points on the week, respectively, as last week’s inversion between the two contracts gave way to partial carry. Well,